Monday, March 22, 2010

Shooting for Stock







This session I'm auditing a class at Brooks called Stock Photography. For the non-Brookies, Stock photography is basically images that are generic enough for mass consumption and multiple uses, but strong enough visually and conceptually to make it a strong photograph.

According to wikipedia (a very scholarly source): Images that are not photographed for a specific client or use, but are catalogued for review and selection by someone who may have a use for the image.

Even thought I'm auditing the course, I'm shooting some of the assignments for the class. These are some images I shot while on the hunt for wildflowers in and around Santa Barbara. The wildflower part wasn't so successful, but I got some other cool shots along the way.


1 comment:

  1. Definitely stock worthy images here. Well done my friend. I liked that class you get some really useful information.

    Now get out there and shoot some film girl. :)

    ReplyDelete